Brother from another mother

Discussion in 'Badminton Photography' started by jctai, Nov 2, 2023.

1. jctai

jctai Regular Member

20231102_080226753_iOS.jpg
    Recently acquired a re-release Victor MX80N, can't help but noticed the same color theme on Yonex Voltirc Z-Force Limited. Shot them with an Iphone 12 mini and adjusted the highlights just a little bit.
    They reminded me of a time where racket colors were more conservative, if it ain't red, white and black, it's blue, silver and yellow. The balanced use of purple and gold on a white base created a bold yet elegant look on a racket for most prestigious event of badminton, the Olympics. The MX80N was released quite awhile after the London Olympic, during which Victor unfortunately pushed the tacky looking MX80 London edition as a commemorative equipment (that no one bought). To me the release of MX80N in an identical color scheme as the Z-Force undoubtedly prove that Yonex has got the best aesthetic designers in that era.
    It's a shame that current Yonex designers are so boring and haven't had an iconic looking racket out for a long long while.
    Any racket design that you personally fancy or love?

2. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I'm curious to know where you aquired the re-release MX80N? Also, as far as I can remember, the MX-London was not an MX80 but its own racket which felt more close to MX70 than MX80

3. jctai

jctai Regular Member

If the MX-London felt closer to MX-70, it's super unfortunate for anyone who bought it, as it was sold 80% more expensive than MX-80.
    I got the re-release from a local reseller who sourced it from China. Thru what channel I don't know