Need recreational players, Tuesdays, Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by OslerPlayer, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Have we met these guys before, Ming? Sounds very unfriendly.

2. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    I don't go around to many drop in places around Vancouver, but Collingwood Sundays sure don't have any "clique-y" behaviour :D

Kudos to the organizer!!!! All hail Break-My-String!!!

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    an interesting thread...

i guess a club or center that offers a good friendly environment to play and socialize, plus a consistent size and level of players doesn't really need to post to solicit more players...

having known world-of-dreams so many years - and how super laid-back he is, I think a club that can get him so ticked off must be pretty bad.

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I'll attest to that.

WofD: C'mon and play, dave!
    Me: I don't have a racket.
    WofD: Here, I'll loan you mine.
    Me: I didn't drop in to play, so I didn't pay at the front.
    WofD: Here, you can take my spot and we'll alternate!

You can't beat that! :D

-dave

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Would be interesting to hear the organizer's side of the story...:rolleyes:

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Nope... don't think I have had the 'pleasure'. BTW, world-of-dreams run quite a good drop-in at Britannia. It's often hard to get in on friday nights. Being a super nice guy that he is, lots of people know who world-of-dreams is. I was very surprised to know some of the members at VRC knew him even though he rarely drop-in there.

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! You probably didn't look hard enough:D.

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hmmm... I think a good way of maintaining a good nucleus of competitive players at drop-ins would be to set aside a court as a challenge court (with its own waiting list) where anybody could challenge the winning team for a game. That way good players could get their workout in while the rest have a chance to play with them. Once the unbeaten winners conceded the court, then the unanswered challengers and the next team on the waiting list has the court. It would be a good idea to have both challenge and regular courts exclusive to each other so if one player signed on to the challenge court's waiting list, he forfeit the right to be in the general pool at the same time (thus lessen the lineups on both pools). The competitive spirit of the collective group can be promoted this way. Players will have a chance to mix around. And less skilled players will have a benchmark to test their skills or stay in the general pool if they prefer. However, this might work very well only if the gym has more than four courts.

9. world-of-dreams

world-of-dreams Regular Member

Financial Aid Worker
    Thank you badrad, wood_22_chuck, and cappy75 for all your positive responses about me. It brings tears of joy to my eyes :crying: :D

10. Gilly23

Gilly23 Regular Member

first of all, Osler is not as bad as what some people say. You must have been too sensitive or something. I got invited by Steve and i didnt run into any problems, i went there around 5times.

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Well, World-of-Dreams was promised games instead he got to sit out for the entrire session. It's either that the organizers had very bad memory or they had something else in mind for WOD.

12. world-of-asians

world-of-asians Regular Member

OMG, stop kissing ass to him. People had no complaints but him and if he really wanted to play he could always sign up unless he's too cheap to pay so the people there didnt bother playing with him.

Sorry had to say it coz its not fair for the Osler people. :D

13. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Hi Kwun - I think this thread is getting a bit out of hand. It looks like there are some new IDs being created for the purpose of flaming.

14. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Nah, nothing of that sort:rolleyes:. I could hardly care about Osler to defame the place. Fact of the matter is there are certain proper conduct one has to abide. Leaving a player hanging while you skip over to other games is definitely NOT acceptable. The guy should at least decline another game with WOD if he thinks WOD is not worthy to play with him. If you think it's totally cool to do what the organisers did, I guess it happens to you more than anybody else.

If this kind of behaviour is more common and acceptable for you, then it really says something about you... doesn't it;)?

15. world-of-dreams

world-of-dreams Regular Member

Financial Aid Worker
    First of all, the reason why I didn't sign up on the board was because Thien told me that they want to take a break before they get on the court again. HOWEVER, he didn't tell me that he no longer wanted to play against me again. The original pairing was Thien/(sorry, forgot partner name) vs. Wayne/myself and Steve was playing with another group. Once Steve finished playing that game, Thien quickly went up the sign-up board and signed Steve with their group making it Thien/(?) vs. Wayne/Steve. Wayne tells me that they had a re-match from last week and that he'll play with me again, but did that happen? No, it didn't happen since they played together all night long and Steve didn't say anything regarding this matter when I approached him which made me even more upset.

Second, I ALWAYS pay the drop-in fee even if I only drop in for a meezly hour.

Third, I know that there are others that have experienced the same treatment when they attended Osler as well, but I will not mention any names as I know that they do not enjoy getting into any confrontations.

Finally, if you have the guts to say something like this saying that people are kissing ass to me, why don't you just say it using your ORIGINAL handle instead of creating one (world-of-asians) just to diss me. I think that is more unoriginal and rude of you to do so since I am just speaking my mind and experience to others. If other patrons of Osler did not feel that they received the same treatment as I have and that they had a lot of fun, then that's great because FUN is how it should be.

#35 world-of-dreams, May 26, 2005
    Last edited: May 26, 2005
  16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. so everybody knows, Gilly23=Mr.Vancouver=world-of-asians

the latter two have been banned.

17. Gilly23

Gilly23 Regular Member

Excuse me Kwun, Gilly23 is my only account name. Thanks

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Well, are we looking at another abcdefg . . . wannabie? :confused:

19. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

I am sure Kwun, of all people on the forum, would know who's taking what account name:p.

Anyway, I don't see any point discussing WOD's past issue with Osler regulars anymore. If you got something positive to say about Osler, by all means, don't hold back. Attacking others would only reflect poorly on yourself. In this forum, everybody accord respect and dignity to one another. There's really no need to hide behind secondary aliases if you have something to say.

I am sure Osler isn't being hurt by our little banter here. Any harm done to Osler drop-in has probably been done long before this thread ever started. If people want to drop in there, they will.

#39 cappy75, May 27, 2005
    Last edited: May 27, 2005
  20. Gilly23

Gilly23 Regular Member

Word to ya brother. Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.